See the Best of South America
Now is a great time to travel to South America! There are plenty of tour operators offering comprehensive cruise travel packages to some of the world’s most amazing and iconic sights. You can see the best of Ecuador, Peru and Brazil, along with some of the most wonderful natural attractions that you’re ever likely to see. Booking a cruise in this region of the world isn’t difficult. It simply takes a call or an email to a tour operator that offers comprehensive travel packages for the region.
What to See and Do in South America
From the colour and party atmosphere of Brazil to the wondrous sights of Lake Titicaca, South America offers an amazing world to see. In the unlikely event that you’re stuck for something to do, or you’re wondering where to go on your cruise, here are some of the most amazing places to visit in the region.
- Galapagos Islands: Off the coast of the country of Ecuador, the Galapagos Islands are a unique destination. It is a largely untouched paradise of amazing wildlife and clear seas for snorkelling adventures, where you can swim with turtles and sea lions. The island is a must-see destination for all animal and nature lovers.
- Iguazu Falls: Located in Argentina, these amazing falls consist of 250 separate waterfalls! The whole area is surrounded by tropical jungle and is one of the most wondrous sights on the planet. By contrast, Niagara Falls seems positively small!
- Lake Titicaca in Bolivia: This is a great place to visit if you’re interested in history and ancient cultures. By taking a boat out onto the huge lake, you can visit inhabited islands where the Uros people live. There, you can learn about their culture and how the lake is integral to their way of life.
- Easter Island, Peru: Easter Island has had an air of mystery surrounding it for centuries. Even though scientists and archaeologists learn more about the ancient Rapa Nui people year by year, Easter Island remains a mecca for those interested in history, mystery and the grand visual aesthetic of the giant Moai statues that gaze whimsically out to the horizon.
- Machu Picchu: No South America tour would be truly complete without seeing this amazing enigmatic city. Situated high in the Andes Mountains in Peru, these ancient ruins, plazas, and stone terraces leave visitors speechless. They truly are one of the world’s most amazing wonders.
- Christ the Redeemer: Looking over the colourful and busy city of Rio de Janeiro, Christ the Redeemer strikes an imposing figure, and represents an iconic destination for Christians worldwide. By taking a ride to the top of the mountain, one can see out over the sprawling city and truly appreciate the beauty of the lands below.
- Valparaiso: Like much of South America, Chile offers sights both wondrous and colourful. Not quite as popular as Santiago, but equally as colourful and fascinating, Valparaiso is a seaside village that offers visitors a chance to immerse themselves in local art and culture.
Prepare to Experience an Amazing Journey
By going on a cruise tour package to the best parts of South America, you will experience some of the most fantastic and iconic sights imaginable. Speaking with an experienced travel agent and tour operator is essential to getting the very best out of your holiday experience.