A state in South Western region of India, Karnataka is a place known for its rich culture as well as happening night life. The beautiful beaches can’t be left out! The state is best known for its cultural and architectural heritage, beautifully sculptured temples, monuments and modern cities. I suggest you to check out The Windflower resort and spa here which is located at the foothills of Chamundi. It is a spacious property with a good view and has a courteous staff to take care of your needs. If you are planning a trip to Karnataka, make sure to visit the following places which are major tourist attractions of the state:
- Hampi and Badami rocks
I remember visiting this place some 6 years back and I was literally blown away by their beauty. The stunningly carved forts, sculptures, cave temples, monuments and gateways are one of the most renowned landmarks in Karnataka. The rocks make for a stunning sight. A primer attraction here is Hanumanhallihill from where you can witness a gorgeous view. It’s this very place where Hanuman was born. There are more than 500 steps to take you to this place. So the more higher you climb, the better the view will be. To have a comfortable ride throughout the city without emptying your wallet, use Uber coupons present on CashKaro.com which will fetch you awesome discounts.
- Coorg and Chikmagalur coffee
- Coorg and Chikmagalur are two of the most famous hill stations of Karnataka. Both are known for their coffee plantations. These places are a coffee lover’s paradise. However if budget is an issue for you, it’s best that you head out for Chikmagalur where you can enjoy your weekend without breaking your bank. Its coffee museum will show you how coffee is made from the scratch. Both the places have a lush green beauty and are situated on the Western Ghats mountain range. Take advantage of RedBus coupons available on CashKaro.com to lower your travelling expenses.
- Gokarna beach
- Don’t worry if you have never been to Goa and have always wanted to take a feel of their beaches. Gokarna beach will have almost the same effect on you. Surrounded by rocky mountains and the Arabian sea, Gokarna beach is around 450 kilometers from Banglore. Just grab your favourite book, lie under the sun and just chill. Gokarma is known as one of the most holy towns in South India. So don’t miss visiting the exquisite temples here. Bonfires are a common affair at this beach. If you would be staying here, I suggest you to check out Patang Beach resort. The hotel has a beautiful view to the sea and serves a variety of mouth-watering dishes.
- Jog waterfall
- The most famous waterfall in Karnataka, Jog is the second highest plunge waterfall in India which is located in SagaraTaluk. The falls are also known as Geruoppe falls, Gersoppafals and JogadaGundi. What makes the fall unique is that it streams down the slope not in a slow pace motion but in a sudden manner, thereby losing contact with the rocks. Their beauty is enhanced by the stunning lush green surroundings. One can even travel to the base of the falls and take a plunge in the water. It will be one amazing experience! The best time to visit this place is during monsoons. I stayed in Shivani hotel which is a budget friendly hotel. The staff was cooperative and I had a pleasurable stay in this hotel.
- Brindavan gardens
- Brindavan gardens are known all over the world for their symmetric design. The beautifully laid out terrace gardens will take away your breath. Be it the dancing foundations or cascading waterchannels, luxurious green lawns or attractiveflower beds; there are ample of reasons for you to visit this place. The musical and dancing fountain is one show enjoyed tremendously by visitors. There’s also a children park here where they will enjoy and love to play.
Note down these places in your “to visit places in Karnataka” list lest you miss them and regret later.